The Structural Heart Nurse Navigator facilitates seamless care from referral to follow-up for patients with structural heart disease. The Structural Heart Nurse Navigator is responsible for the following:
- Managing and coordinates all aspects of the structural heart disease program.
- Facilitates a team approach and collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to establish a plan of care starting from initial interventional evaluation and following the continuum of care including pre-procedure, post-procedure, and continued follow-up care post procedure.
- Work with the patient and family to provide teaching, education and support throughout the process.
- Ensure accreditation and regulatory compliance, improvement with national and state/local public-reported measures.
- Maintenance of established electronic database, and submits patient demographic, medical and progress report information within designated time frames as required by local, State, and federal agencies.
- Participates in the department quality improvement program and strives to optimize patient outcomes through patient education and clinical expertise.
- Scheduling outpatient evaluations, follow-ups, and implantation scheduling.
- Marketing and community outreach for the structural heart program.
Education: Graduate of Nursing Program. BSN or higher preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years' cardiac experience with demonstrated leadership skills required. TAVR experience preferred, TVT Registry experience preferred. Five years of experience in critical care nursing, with a focus in cardiovascular surgery.
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to deal effectively and problem solve with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
License/Certifications: Valid CA RN license required. Current American Heart Association BLS card and ACLS required.